Each individual who enters our campus must be screened for signs and symptoms using the Bryant Health Checker application, or alternatively, by responding to questions that are posted at the single entrance to the campus.
Campus access will not be granted without proper completion of this step.
Screening is only one step in our mitigation plan. Everyone on campus must also adhere to additional health and safety protocols, including wearing a face mask and physical distancing when there is potential for interacting with others.
Rhode Island’s Phase III Guidance and Executive Orders includes a mandatory 14-day quarantine for anyone coming to Rhode Island from any state with a 5% or greater positivity rate. The RI Department of Health maintains that list here.
Health Checker App
Faculty, staff, and students should self-certify, on a daily basis, that they have no COVID-19 symptoms or risk factors using the Bryant University Health Checker app. Health Services will have access to the data from the app, prompting rapid intervention for any potentially COVID-19–positive cases.
- Individuals who reside on campus will be required to complete the screening before moving from their residence hall to enter any campus facility.
- Employees should complete this step before leaving their homes to travel to campus.
To enter campus, follow these steps:
1. At home or residence, complete Health Checker
- Use Mobile App
- Or Use Health Checker URL on your PC and print pass
2. If you report no symptoms and risk factors, come to campus. Upon arrival, employees should show DPS the app’s green checkmark on your smartphone or your printed pass. On-campus residents will be required to present their attestations at check points across the campus for entry into various buildings.
If you report symptoms and risk factors, stay home and do not come to campus. Employees should call their managers.
To retrieve the Bryant University Health Checker:
For detailed instruction please refer to the Health Checker User Guide.
If you experience any technical difficulties with the app please contact the Bryant Campus Technology Service Helpdesk at email@example.com.