Updated testing center hours and location
Through Friday, May 28:
- Testing Center hours will be Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Testing Center will be closed Monday, May 31, in observance of Memorial Day
On Tuesday, June 1 ONLY:
- Testing Center hours will be noon-4 p.m. due to the center relocating to the Aerobics Room on the first floor of Chace Wellness Center
Beginning Wednesday, June 2, through Friday, July 2:
- Testing Center hours will be Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. in the Aerobics Room, Chace Wellness Center, first floor
Updated masking and social distance policy
In alignment with new guidance released by the CDC last week and in effect for all Rhode Islanders May 18, if you are fully vaccinated you are no longer required to wear a mask indoors or outdoors. This will be our policy at Bryant starting May 18.
People who are not vaccinated remain vulnerable to COVID-19. All members of the Bryant community are encouraged to get vaccinated at their first opportunity.
If you are NOT fully vaccinated, you should continue to wear a mask indoors and when you are within three feet of others outdoors to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. Remember that your mask should fit snugly but comfortably over your nose, mouth, and chin without any gaps.
Bryant continues to follow best practices and guidance from public health experts. Campus policies are subject to change and will adhere to standards of the Rhode Island Dept. of Health.
Two-week vaccine documentation program
As more members of the Bryant community continue to get vaccinated for COVID-19, on Monday, May 3, the MAC Surveillance Testing Center will begin a two-week vaccination documentation program designed to help maintain Bryant community vaccine records with Bryant Health Services.
Beginning May 3, fully vaccinated students, faculty members or staff members may bring their completed vaccination card to their surveillance testing. As a reminder, students who are fully vaccinated need to continue to test twice weekly. Faculty and staff who are fully vaccinated need to continue testing once per week.
If you are fully vaccinated but exempt from surveillance testing – as a virtual student working remotely, or currently in the 90 days following a positive result – please email a copy of your vaccination card to email@example.com or fax to 401-232-6702.
Starting on the 15th day after the final dose of vaccination, individuals who have a new close contact exposure to COVID-19 will be exempt from quarantine. The final dose of vaccination is the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and the single dose for Johnson & Johnson.
Our return-to-campus protocol adheres to state and CDC guidelines. Our health and safety measures on campus are modified to reflect new information and to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Campus entry protocols
- Health and safety protocols
- Testing information
- COVID-19 committees
- Counseling services
Health and Wellness Pledges
To preserve a safe and healthy campus learning environment, members of the Bryant community will sign health and wellness pledges.
- Students will sign the Student Health and Wellness Pledge, confirming they understand their responsibilities to Be Bryant Strong and take an active role working to support a safe semester through November. Students are asked to read, checkmark and submit the Health and Wellness Pledge here.
- Student-athletes will sign both the Student Health and Wellness Pledge and agree to contribute to community safety by being an active participant in maintaining their own well-being and safety and pledging to help maintain the safety of others by following all the guidelines and recommendations from Bryant University and Bryant Athletics. This pledge is required to participate in athletic activities, including meetings, strength and conditioning sessions, practices and competitions.
- Faculty and staff will sign the Shared Responsibility Pledge, confirming they understand their responsibilities to Be Bryant Strong and take an active role working to support a safe semester through November. Faculty and staff may read, checkmark, and submit the pledge here.